The stark beauty of the rugged landscape of a lava field in Hawaii Volcano National Park.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

a lovely bee skirt

As I was reading some of my fave blogs I came across a very cute and stylish bee skirt from Melody Miller from Ruby Star Rising.  She made a video. Check out her blog at melodymiller.typepad.com.



My skirts

The skirts that I made recently were not of the human kind.  But, that will change in the very near future because I just received a batch of vintage kimono obi fabric and some old mu'umu'u that were unsuitable to wear again.  I took the mu'umu'u apart to reuse the fabric.  So, I'm looking forward in creating something new from vintage 50-60's hawaiian fabric and vintage japanese obi fabric.

But my little lovelies are cute.  
from my 2009 Hawaiian Angel collection

Le Chic Angels

Miss Lehua
Well that's all I wanted to share with you for now.  But, I do have some exciting things to share with you soon.  Until then, a hui hou and malama pono (until we meet again and take care).

Aloha,
Lei