The stark beauty of the rugged landscape of a lava field in Hawaii Volcano National Park.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I will never ...

I'm laying here, foot propped up with a cold pack on it.  Today, it was painful.  A gnawing pain similar to shin splints.  Earlier today I was sitting in a car waiting for the driver to come back with cups of latte.  We parked fronting another business with a irritating neon sign that matched the pulsating pain in the front of my leg.  Now I will forever relate my foot pain to the pulsating buzz of a neon sign.  Great!
Well, I'm getting tired of being immobile.  So, I went outside last night and snapped some pics - a long story made short - I was in pain all night.  It's going to be a long 5 weeks.
Other than that, my best friend that lives in Colorado Springs (my old home town) had her birthday October 24th.  I have her box with gifts at home waiting to go to the post office.  I spoke to her on her birthday and sang her a song.  Her presents are different from normal presents.  Things to make her laugh, some sentimental and another that I know she will really like.
Since I've been on the mend I have been doing a lot of handwork.  Which I love to do, but now it's getting boring.  I guess I miss my sewing machine.  I've made a lot of handmade christmas ornaments and glass plate/soldered jewelry.  I'm really excited about these two projects, especially the jewelry using pages from the original pages from Degener's Flora Hawaiiensis.  The book in good condition is rare, however, the copy I have is not in good condition and missing the original cover and pages in horrible condition.  I love using the pages because it gives it a historical and vintage look.  Other than that, nothing much is going on.

So my mantra at the moment is:  I will never sit inappropriately for hours while sewing ... I will never ...

I'll have some pics to share with you all.  Soon.

Aloha,
Lei




No comments: