The stark beauty of the rugged landscape of a lava field in Hawaii Volcano National Park.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

On the mend

Aloha Gang,

Well, it's been a couple of weeks without a post.  The reason for my lack of blogging is that I hurt my foot.  More specifically, I believe I sprained of strained my foot just above my left ankle and going towards the front of the leg just above the foot.  My naturopath says that I strained it with unending hours of sitting in one position in an inappropriate chair when sewing.  WOW!
It has been almost 3 weeks now.  And the pain is more intense, but shrunk in size, which the doc says is normal.  The deal is that I need to be off my feet once I'm at home.  Let me tell you it's a hard thing for me to do.  Sit still.  Also, elevate my foot (uncomfortable) and alternate ice and heat therapy (bothersome).  What interest me is when will I be back to normal.  The doc reminded me of my painful stubbed and fractured toe that I suffered earlier this year, and how long it took (8 weeks) and the pain (lots) associated with that injury.  Boy, do I see a pattern here!

Also, once I heal I will be shopping for a recommended chair for the sewing/craft room (yeah!).

With the rapidly approaching holiday season, I am behind schedule with finding craft fairs to sell my wares.  I'm also behind in my sewing.  Such is life, nothing is set in stone.

I will try to snap a few pics and move my computer away from the inappropriate chair area and download a few pics and type up a post.  I can't promise anything, but I'll try.

Aloha,
Hop-a-Long aka Lei

No comments: